Dances & Funnies: Dec 1-5
To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. - Agnes De Mille
Swing City is cancelled this week for Christmas parties at the Edelweiss Club. We will be back on December 11th for a Swing dance and on December 18th for our social ballroom Christmas Dance.
New Classes for November and December are listed in the lessons section and start this week.
Single Men are needed for Bronze Samba classes on Tuesdays and Intermediate West Coast Swing classes on Wednesdays - contact me at email@example.com if you are interested.
The Latin Technique class is now for Bronze and above dancers interested in improving technique. No partner required for the Latin Technique class.
Classes for January are also listed in the lessons section of this site.
Christmas and New Year’s Dance tickets are now on sale and selling fast - see list below.
If you like watching some interesting classic dance moves you will love this: https://www.facebook.com/TriniLulz/videos/555917957906656/?fref=nf
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, December 1 -----------------------------
Event: West Coast Swing Collective: 7:45 to 9:45pp Place: Eastern Star Hall; 3281 Harriet Road Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood Admission: $4
Wednesday, December 2 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, December 4 -------------------------------
Event: Swing City Cancelled this week
Event: Annual Dance Group Dance and Social; 8pm-midnight Place: Esquimalt Legion, 622 Admirals Rd. Dance Floor: Medium/Wood Admission: $5.00.
Non-Dance Event: University of Victoria Choir 8pm Place: Christ Church Cathedral, Quadra at Rockland Our oldest daughter is a member of the choir Admission: By Donation
Event: Not Your Usual Ballroom Dance (non-traditional partnering) 7-9pm Place: St. George's Anglican Church Hall, 3909 St. George’s Lane Dance Floor: Medium/Wood Admission: By donation email@example.com
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, December 5 ----------------------
Event: NBDS Christmas Dinner Dance Saturday, 5-11pm Place: Bowen Park Complex, 500 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: Members $40., non-members $45. See Advance Tickets
Event: Nothin' But Swing, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
1) NBDS Christmas Dinner Dance Saturday, December 5th. 5 pm Cocktails, 6 pm dinner, 7:30 pm dance at Bowen Park Complex, 500 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo Ticket Sales contact: Sara firstname.lastname@example.org ph#1-250-468-2095. Members $40., non-members $45. Dinner/dance tickets must be paid in Advance.
2) New Imperial Social Club Christmas dinner dance on Saturday, December 12 with Dinner at 6:30pm followed by dancing to MC2 at 8:00pm. Cost is $45 members / $50 non-members. Advance tickets only, contact Bea at (250) 598-2183 by December 3. Location: Chief and Petty Officers’ Mess, 1575 Lyall St, Esquimalt. Info: www.newimperialsocialclub.ca
3) Island Singles II Christmas Dance, Saturday, December 12th at Da Vinci Centre, 9pm-1am with music by Paulasonic (DJ). $15pp - call 250-383-8041.
4) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, December 31st at the Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. $95/person. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
5) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place on Thursday, December 31st. Tickets available soon.
6) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, December 31st at Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose 9.00pm-1.00am non-stop party dance music with DJ Andy Mundy. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets now on sale email email@example.com. For more details www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
7) Bring in New Year’s Eve like James Bond, or your favorite spy, villain or sultry vixen with a contemporary mix of Ballroom, Swing & Latin. 8pm to 1am, Dec 31, 2015 at the Native Sons Hall, Courtenay. Early bird pricing of $40.00 until Dec 1st, afterwards $45.00. Use this link to buy your tickets or call Cathy 703-3057 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j3wuncVESTo3WBMhaPXvo1qEKlhdn5xNijSWggMMQIQ/viewform For more accommodation and other information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8) New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance at Da Vinci Centre, Thursday, December 31st to the music of MC2. Dinner at 7pm, Dancing from 9pm to 1am. $80pp - call 250-383-8041.
9) New Yea's Eve Dinner & dance featuring the Classic Country & Rock Band the City Slickers and D J Danny Correia to play at intermission and a Premium buffet by Casa Nova Catering. Champagne and party favours included. Tickets are $60 each - Contact Connie Pereira for tickets at 250-479-3195 or email@example.com
Several men were in the locker room of the gym when a cell phone on a bench rang and a man put it on speaker and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stopped to listen.
WOMAN: "Hi Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"
WOMAN: "I'm at the shops now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $2,000; is it OK if I buy it?"
MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."
WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Lexus dealership and saw the new models. I saw one I really liked."
MAN: "How much?"
MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."
WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing. I was just talking to Janie and found out that the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking $980,000 for it."
MAN: "Well, then go ahead and make an offer of $900,000. They'll probably take it. If not, we can go the extra eighty-thousand if it's what you really want."
WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!"
MAN: "Bye! I love you, too." The man hung up. The other men in the locker room were staring at him in astonishment, mouths wide open.
He turned and asked, "Anyone know whose phone this is?”