Dances & Funnies: Dec 13-17
Let’s dance and sing and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year – Sir George Alexander Macfarren.
'Tis the season to be dancing...
There are several events to keep you dancing this weekend.
Swing City returns on December 22nd with our Christmas dance.
Classes for January are listed on the Lessons Page. Now open for registration.
We have planned another Dance Cruise.
If you wish to receive the dance cruise newsletter please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Give the Gift of Dance this Christmas:
Treat yourself or someone close to some fun on the dance floor.
Gift Certificates for Group Lessons or Private Lessons are now available.
I am offering a great 5 for 4 private lesson dance card again this year.
Email me at email@example.com or call 250-920-7556 for more info.
See Advance Tickets for some great upcoming events.
Dances for the next week
Wednesday, December 13 -----------
Event: Seniors (55+) Line Dance 1-2 pm, Social dance 2-3 pm
Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way.
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Friday, December 15 ----------
Event: Swing City Cancelled this week.
Join us on December 22nd for our Christmas Dance
Event: Argentine Tango 8pm-1am
Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood
Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, December 16 ----------
Event: NBDS Christmas Dinner/Dance, 5-11pm
Place: Beban Park, Nanaimo
Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood.
Admission: $45/$50pp - see Advance Tickets
Event: Ron & Elizabeth's Christmas Dance: 7:30-10pm
Place: Commonwealth Place Gym
Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood
Event: New Imperial Social Club Christmas Dinner/Dance: 6:30-11pm
Place: Chief & Petty Officer's Mess, 1575 Lyall St
Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood
Admission: $45/$50 - see Advance Tickets
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am
Place: Bert Richman building, 4105 Lambrick Way
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Event: Latin Dance, 8:30pm-1am
Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood.
Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
Sunday, December 17 ------------
Event: PMP Christmas Dinner/Dance with MC2: 5–10pm
Place: Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Ave
Dance Floor: Large, Linoleum.
Admission: $28 in advance only - see Advance Tickets below.
1) NBDS Christmas Gala Dinner/Dance, Saturday, December 16th, 5-11pm. Fabulous annual dinner/dance on the massive dance floor at Beban Park in Nanaimo. Great meal by Culinary Creations and music by DJ John Maher. Tickets are $45/$50 for the evening from John at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-920-7556.
2) New Imperial Social Club Christmas Dinner/Dance: Saturday, December 16 featuring the Pulp Mills band at the Chief and Petty Officer's club, 1575 Lyall St. Dinner starts at 6:30pm and dancing from 8 to 11pm. Tickets ($45 for members/$50 for non-members) must be bought in advance from Bea (250-598-2183). Club Website: http://www.newimperialsocialclub.ca
3) PMP Holly-Daze Dinner & Dance Sunday, December 17th 5:30-9:30pm (bar opens at 5pm) Cost: $28. Dinner starts at 5:30pm with dancing to MC2 following dinner. Advanced tickets only - call Monterey Centre 250-370-7300
4) Formal New Year's Ball with the Commodores Big Band: This event is sold out.
5) VBDS New Years Dance: Sunday, December 31 at Saanich Commonwealth Centre - 4636 Elk Lake Dr. Doors open at 7:30 pm with dancing from 8pm to midnight. Tickets: $65pp available at Cedarhill VBDS Practices Wednesdays from 7:45-8:15pm and Friday practices at Les Passmore Ctr from 7-7:30 pm.
6) NBDS New Year’s Eve party dance: December 31st at Nanoose Place, 2925 Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose. 9pm-1am party dance with DJ Andy Mundy. Pot luck refreshments (please bring some to share). Complimentary champagne at midnight. $20/person. For more details visit http://www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
Maxine's Crabby Road Christmas:
Christmas is just weird. What other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in your living room eating candy out of your socks?
I sure wish more people would try to buy my affection.
I could start my Christmas shopping now, but then what would I do on Christmas eve?
I've decided to bake this Christmas.
So don't tell me miracles don't happen.
Ah, Christmas Carols. The reason earmuffs were invented.
Want to give someone a Christmas they'll never forget?
Give 'em a pair of socks in an empty Smartphone box.
Nature's own stocking stuffers.
I'm building a manger in my front yard.
Hey, company's got to stay somewhere.
I like to hang out under the mistletoe at parties to make everyone really uncomfortable.
There's now an app that counts down the days to Christmas.
We had something similar when I was a kid. We called it a calendar.
Santa and I have a lot in common. We both work about one day a year, then spend the rest of it judging people.
Whoever wrote "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" never shovelled a walkway.
There's a name for people who enjoy winter...
Dance your way through the holidays.