Dances & Funnies: Dec 15-25
I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. - George Balanchine
This Friday, December 18th we will host our Swing City Social Ballroom Christmas Dance at the Edelweiss Club - we hope to see you there. If you have a group of 6 or 8 please let me know and I will reserve a table for you.
My private lesson special coupons are on sale for Christmas - get 5 private lessons for the price of 4 - a great gift for that dance partner of yours (or even for yourself). Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 250-920-7556 for more information.
New Classes for January are listed in the lessons section of this site and are now open for registration.
New Year’s Dance tickets are now on sale and selling fast - see list below. Please note that tickets for New Year’s Eve at the Edelweiss Club must be purchased before 9pm on Monday, December 14th.
Lost and Found items at Cadboro Bay United church will be on display in the hall for the next week. If not claimed then they will be donated to Our Place. Please check to see if any of the items are yours.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at email@example.com.
Tuesday, December 15 -----------------------------
Event: West Coast Swing Collective: 7:45 to 9:45pp Place: Eastern Star Hall; 3281 Harriet Road Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood Admission: $4
Wednesday, December 16 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, December 18 -------------------------------
Event: Swing City Christmas Social Ballroom Dance 8-11pm Workshop: Night Club Waltz with John at 8pm Place: Victoria Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $10
Event: Not Your Usual Ballroom Dance (non-traditional partnering) 7-9pm Place: St. George's Anglican Church Hall, 3909 St. George’s Lane Dance Floor: Medium/Wood Admission: By donation firstname.lastname@example.org
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, December 19 ----------------------
Event: Nothin' But Swing, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
Sunday, December 20 ------------------------------
Event: PMP Christmas dance with Ron King: 7–10pm Place: Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Ave Dance Floor: Large, Linoleum. Admission: $10
Wednesday, December 23 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance - cancelled until January
Friday, December 25 ------------------------------
1) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, December 31st at the Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. $95/person. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
2) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place on Thursday, December 31st. Tickets available soon.
3) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, December 31st at Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose 9.00pm-1.00am non-stop party dance music with DJ Andy Mundy. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets now on sale email email@example.com. For more details www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
4) Bring in New Year’s Eve like James Bond, or your favorite spy, villain or sultry vixen. 8:00 pm to 1:00 am at the Native Sons Hall in Courtenay. Ballroom, Swing, Latin, Tango and more. Appetizers & Hors d'oeuvres & Complimentary Champagne. Tickets are $45: call Cathy 250-703-3057 or go to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j3wuncVESTo3WBMhaPXvo1qEKlhdn5xNijSWggMMQIQ/viewform Advance tickets sales only, NO tickets will be sold at the door. For more information, including accommodations, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance at Da Vinci Centre, Thursday, December 31st to the music of MC2. Dinner at 7pm, Dancing from 9pm to 1am. $80pp - call 250-383-8041.
6) New Yea's Eve Dinner & dance featuring the Classic Country & Rock Band the City Slickers and D J Danny Correia to play at intermission and a Premium buffet by Casa Nova Catering. Champagne and party favours included. Tickets are $60 each - Contact Connie Pereira for tickets at 250-479-3195 or email@example.com
The middle of LIFE is a big IF.
What does a WET martini taste like?
A man is known by the company he avoids.
Nightgowns are nap sacks.
Bare midriffs make shopping malls 'navel observatories'.
There's a difference between good sound reasons, and reasons that sound good.
For every solution today, there are two problems.
The energy crisis proves you can't fuel all of the people all of the time.
Two kinds of people: Those who cause happiness wherever they go, and those who cause happiness whenever they go.
Today is the day yesterday would have been if tomorrow came first.
Everybody loves a good loser...provided it's the other team.
What this country needs is a bank where you deposit a toaster and you get $200.
What you fall for is more significant than what you stand for.
Stores that claim "We aim to please" need target practice.
How can it be called "rush hour" when it takes four hours to get there?
The toughest part of getting a college education is finding a parking space.
A yawn is a communications gap.
Is this year's bad weather early or late?