Dances & Funnies: Dec 19-23
If I held you any closer I would be on the other side of you. - Groucho Marx
Get in a few more Christmas hugs before the holidays
I am teaching Night Club Waltz at the Swing City Christmas Dance.
Let me know if you want to reserve a table for your group.
Classes for January are listed on the Lessons Page.
Now open for registration.
Our next Dance Cruises
We have planned more Dance Cruises.
If you wish to receive the dance cruise newsletter please email me at email@example.com
Give the Gift of Dance this Christmas:
Treat yourself or someone close to some fun on the dance floor.
Gift Certificates for Group Lessons or Private Lessons are now available
I am offering a great 5 for 4 private lesson dance card again this year.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-920-7556 for more info.
See Advance Tickets for New Years Eve events.
Dances for the next week
Tuesday, December 19 -----------
Event: West Coast Swing Collective: 7:45 to 9:45pm
Place: Eastern Star Hall; 3281 Harriet Road
Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood
Wednesday, December 20 -----------
Event: Seniors (55+) Line Dance 1-2 pm, Social dance 2-3 pm
Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way.
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Friday, December 22 ----------
Event: Swing City Christmas Dance: 8-11pm
Workshop: Night Club Waltz with John at 8pm
Place: Victoria Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara
Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood
Event: Argentine Tango 8pm-1am
Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood
Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, December 23 ----------
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am
Place: Bert Richman building, 4105 Lambrick Way
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Event: Latin Dance, 8:30pm-1am
Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood.
Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
1) Formal New Year's Ball with the Commodores Big Band: This event is sold out.
2) VBDS New Years Dance: Sunday, December 31 at Saanich Commonwealth Centre - 4636 Elk Lake Drive. Doors open at 7:30 pm with dancing from 8pm to midnight. Plenty of great door prizes. Tickets: $55pp available at Cedarhill VBDS Practices Wednesdays from 7:45-8:15pm. If you prefer to call in your order please email email@example.com and leave your phone number so they can contact you.
3) NBDS New Year’s Eve party dance: December 31st at Nanoose Place, 2925 Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose. 9pm-1am party dance with DJ Andy Mundy. Pot luck refreshments (please bring some to share). Complimentary champagne at midnight. $20/person. For more details visit http://www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
Oh no, Santa:
If you stop believing in Santa you get socks.
What nationality is Santa Claus?
The 4 stages of life:
1. You believe in Santa Claus
2. You don't believe in Santa Claus
3. You dress up as Santa Claus
4. You look like Santa Claus
The awkward moment when Santa Claus has the same wrapping paper as your parents.
This year, please give me a big, fat bank account and a slim body. And please, don't mix those two up like you did last year.
Christmas is the time when everyone gets a little santamental.
We wish you a Merry Christmas