Dances & Funnies: Dec 28-Jan 1
Happy Dancing Week!
Dancing Day is a much better holiday name than Boxing Day - the world would be a far more agreeable place with more dancers and fewer boxers. - Johnny deP
New Year’s Dance tickets are still available for some events - see list below.
Dancing Week (formerly known as Boxing Week) Special: private dance lesson Coupons are now on sale - get 5 private lessons for the price of 4 - a great gift for that dance partner of yours (or even for yourself). Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 250-920-7556 for more information.
New Classes for January are listed below and are open for registration. Classes commence the first week of January - please register soon.
Please note that the Club Revue Ballroom dance slated for Saturday, January 23rd had to be moved to January 30th. I hope that you can join us then.
Quotes and other funnies to keep your new year happy are listed as always below.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at email@example.com.
Monday, December 28 -------------------------------
Event: VBDS Open House Mix & Mingle Social Dance, 7:30-9:30pm Open to all current, past and future members of the Society Place: Cadboro Bay United Church, 2625 Arbutus Rd. Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: Free with donated non-perishable item for the local food bank.
Thursday, December 31 -----------------------------
Event: Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Dinner/Dance 6pm-1am Featuring: the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, Place: Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood. Admission: $95/person. Tickets in advance at 250-383-4823.
Event: VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance Featuring: Chris Millington Band Place: Commonwealth Place Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $89 or $99/person in advance only
Event: NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, 9pm-1am Place: Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $20/person in advance only (plus potluck item)
Event: New Year’s Eve Dance in Courtenay, 8:00 pm to 1:00 am Place: Native Sons Hall in Courtenay. Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood Admission: $45 in advance only.
Event: New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance, 7pm-1am Featuring: MC2. Place: Da Vinci Centre Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $80pp on Advance
Event: New Year’s Eve Dance (8:30pm) or Dinner & Dance (6pm) Featuring: Rukus Place: Pro Patria Legion Dance Floor: Medium/Small/Hardwood Admission: $40 Dance, $70 Dinner & Dance Must be a Legion Member or accompanied by a Legion Member
Event: New Year's Eve Dinner & dance SOLD OUT Featuring: The City Slickers and D J Danny Correia Place: Our Lady of Fatima Hall
Friday, January 1 ----------------------
Happy New Year!!
1) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, December 31st at the Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. $95/person. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
2) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place on Thursday, December 31st. Tickets are $89 for members and $99 for non-members. Call 250-721-5483 to purchase your tickets.
3) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, December 31st at Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose 9pm-1am non-stop party dance music with DJ Andy Mundy. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets now on sale email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
4) Bring in New Year’s Eve like James Bond, or your favorite spy, villain or sultry vixen. 8pm to 1am at the Native Sons Hall in Courtenay. Ballroom, Swing, Latin, Tango and more. Appetizers & Hors d'oeuvres & Complimentary Champagne. Tickets are $45: call Cathy 250-703-3057 or go to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j3wuncVESTo3WBMhaPXvo1qEKlhdn5xNijSWggMMQIQ/viewform Advance tickets sales only, NO tickets will be sold at the door. For more information, including accommodations, email: email@example.com
5) New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance at Da Vinci Centre, Thursday, December 31st to the music of MC2. Dinner at 7pm, Dancing from 9pm to 1am. $80pp - call 250-383-8041.
6) New Year's Eve Dinner & dance featuring the Classic Country & Rock Band the City Slickers SOLD OUT
Men have feelings too. For example, we feel hungry.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
I won an argument with a woman once… in this dream I had.
New Year’s Quotes:
Ny New Year’s resolution is to stop hanging out with people who as me about my New Year’s resolutions.
I can’t believe it’s been a year since I didn’t become a better person.
I need to start eating more healthily, but first I need to eat all of the junk food in the house so it’s not there to tempt me anymore.
Making resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self assessment and repentance that demands personal honesty and, ultimately, reinforces humility. Breaking them is part of the cycle. - Eric Zorn
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. - Bill Vaughan
May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions! - Joey Adams
WELCOME TO 2016: Our Phones – Wireless. Cooking – Fireless. Cars – Keyless. Food – Fatless. Tires –Tubeless. Dresses – Sleeveless. We are Speechless. Government is Clueless. All reasons to be Dancing – more not less