Dances & Funnies, Dec 6-11
Some people seem to think that good dancers are born, but all the good dancers I have known are taught or trained. - Fred Astaire
Give the Gift of Dance this Christmas: Be a good Dancer (not a Donner or a Blitzen, but more like a Fred or a Ginger) and give your friends and family a reason to dance around the Christmas tree this year (it is always nice to treat yourself as well): Gift Certificates for Group Lessons or Private Lessons are now available - I am offering a great 5 for 4 private lesson dance card again this year. Email me at email@example.com or call 250-920-7556 for more info.
New classes for January are listed on the Lesson Page and are now open for registration. They start very early in the new year so register early.
Happy Birthday to 18 dancers who celebrate birthdays in December: Chris P, Judy H, Linda R, Judit G, Ellie M, Jim F, Kara F, Lyn P, Rosalie M, Mary K, Janice H, Brittney O, Carl L, Iris B, Liz E, Nita W, Holly D and Denis M.
Swing City is taking a break - but will start up again on December 16th.
SINGLES: I have started a list for those dancers who do not have regular dance partners (a singles list). I plan to use this to help keep the classes balanced, advertise events of interest to singles and couples and set up classes and events for singles. Please note: Information on the sign up sheet is for my eyes only and will not be shared - you do not need to fill in all sections of the sign up form. If you would like to be on this list you can sign up for it at: http://eepurl.com/cfOn-n
Check out Advance Tickets below.
Dances for the next week:
Tuesday, December 6 -----------
Event: West Coast Swing Collective: 7:45 to 9:45pm
Place: Eastern Star Hall; 3281 Harriet Road
Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood
Wednesday, December 7 -----------
Event: Seniors (55+) Line Dance 1-2 pm, Social dance 2-3 pm
Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way.
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Friday, December 9 ----------
Event: Swing City Cancelled this week
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am
Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am)
Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood
Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, December 10 ----------
Event: Ron & Liz Christmas Ballroom Dance 8-10:30pm
Place: Commonwealth Place Gym
Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood.
Event: Island Singles and Couples Christmas Dance: 9pm-1am
Place: Da Vinci Center, 195 Bay St
Dance Floor: Medium/Large/Hardwood
Event: New Imperial Social Club: 8-10:30pm
Band: Pulp Mills
Place: Chief & Petty Officer's Mess, 1575 Lyall St
Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood.
Event: Latin Dance, (8:30pm-1am)
Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood.
Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
Sunday, December 11 ----------
Event: PMP dance with Kingmixers: 7–10pm
Place: Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Ave
Dance Floor: Large, Linoleum.
1) NBDS Christmas Gala Dinner & Dance - Saturday December 17th from 5 pm until midnight on the BIG dance floor at Beban Park, Nanaimo. 5pm – 6pm Cocktail hour; 6pm Dinner; 7:30pm Dancing - your DJ is John Maher. Details are posted at http://www.ballroomnanaimo.ca Tickets are on sale now - email firstname.lastname@example.org - $50, $45 for NBDS and VBDS members.
2) PMP Christmas Dinner/Dance with MC2 - Sunday, December 18th. 7-10pm at the Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Avenue. Advance tickets only - available from the Monterey Center at 250-370-7300.
3) VBDS New Year's Eve Ball featuring the Commodores Big Band - Saturday, December 31st at Commonwealth Place. Includes late evening snacks. Tickets are $75 each and are available from the VBDS at their practices.
4) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ball - Saturday, December 31st, at Nanoose Place Community Centre 2925 Northwest Bay Rd, Nanoose BC 9pm–1am Annual New Year’s Eve Party Dance with DJ Andy Mundy. Licensed bar. Pot luck finger foods and/or appetizers – please bring some festive edibles to share. Admission: $20 – includes complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets MUST be either purchased or reserved in advance. For tickets email Sara at email@example.com
5) Red Ginger New Year's Eve Dinner & Dance Party - Saturday, December 31st, 7pm - 12:30am (doors open at 6:30 pm) at the Les Passmore Centre, 286 Hampton Road. Includes a fantastic hot buffet dinner with a wide variety of choices, door prizes, party favors and bubblies at midnight! Music by DJ Roman Yue. Advance tickets are $60 per person. Please contact Linda Ng at 250-727-5838 or Betty Choy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Latin New Year's Eve Dance - Dance to the live tunes of two latin bands: Latin Project & Edgar y Los Amigos on Saturday, December 31st, 9:30pm-1:30am. At the Ukrainian Cultural Centre. Tickets are $15. Visit http://www.LatinProject.Ca for more info.
7) New Year's Eve Dinner/Dance at the Edelweiss Club with the SBahn Band: Buffet Dinner by Connoissseur Catering - 7pm-1am. $170/couple members, $190/couple guests. Tickets –Victoria.email@example.com or call 250 383-4823.
Ladies Dance Dresses:
The festive season is here. Why not enjoy all dancing events in “New to You” dresses. I have many only very slightly or not at all used dresses suitable for any enjoyable dancing event. Sizes 8-12. Please contact Zuzana at: 250 598 0984 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
My boss asked me to start the presentation with a joke.
I attached a payslip to the first slide…
The trouble with being punctual is that there's no one there to appreciate it.
There's no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
The archaeologist was upset because his job was in ruins...
How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?
I asked a statistician for her phone number... and she gave me an estimate.
I’ve learned so much from my mistakes…
I’m thinking of making a few more.
I’m not lazy.
I’m just in my energy saving mode.
Due to the confidentiality of my job even I don’t know what I’m doing.