Dances & Funnies: Dec 9-13
Time dances by - it is most enjoyable if we dance along with it. - John de Pfyffer
Swing City is back this week for a West Coast Swing Night at the Edelweiss Club. West Coast Swing lesson at 8pm followed by Swing music at 9pm.
On December 18th we will host our Swing City Social Ballroom Christmas Dance.
New Classes for November and December and January are listed under the lessons tab on this site.
Christmas and New Year’s Dance tickets are now on sale and selling fast - see list below.
Lost and Found items at Cadboro Bay United church will be on display in the hall for the next week. If not claimed then they will be donated to Our Place. Please check to see if any of the items are yours.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at email@example.com.
Wednesday, December 9 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, December 11 ------------------------------
Event: Swing City Swing Dance 8-11pm Workshop: West Coast Swing with John at 8pm Place: Victoria Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $10
Event: Not Your Usual Ballroom (non-traditional partnering) 7-9pm Place: St. George's Anglican Church Hall, 3909 St. George’s Lane, Dance Floor: Medium/Wood Admission: By donation firstname.lastname@example.org
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, December 12 ----------------------------
Event: Island Singles II Christmas Dance, 9pm-1am Place: Da Vinci Centre, Bay St Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $15pp
Event: Social Ballroom Dance 7-10:30pm Place: Saanich Commonwealth Place, Elk Lake Drive Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $12
Event: New Imperial Social Club Christmas dinner dance with MC2 6:30-11pm Place: Chief and Petty Officers’ Mess, 1575 Lyall St, Esquimalt. Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood Admission: $45 members/$50 non-members. Advance tickets only, see below
Event: Nothin' But Swing Dance, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Jutland Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Workshop & Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
Sunday, December 13 ------------------------------
Event: PMP dance with MC2: 7–10pm Place: Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Ave Dance Floor: Large, Linoleum. Admission: $10
1) New Imperial Social Club Christmas dinner dance on Saturday, December 12 with Dinner at 6:30pm followed by dancing to MC2 at 8:00pm. Cost is $45 members / $50 non-members. Advance tickets only, contact Bea at (250) 598-2183 by December 3. Location: Chief and Petty Officers’ Mess, 1575 Lyall St, Esquimalt. Info: www.newimperialsocialclub.ca
2) Island Singles II Christmas Dance, Saturday, December 12th at Da Vinci Centre, 9pm-1am with music by Paulasonic (DJ). $15pp - call 250-383-8041.
3) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, December 31st at the Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. $95/person. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
4) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place on Thursday, December 31st. Tickets available soon.
5) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, December 31st at Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose 9.00pm-1.00am non-stop party dance music with DJ Andy Mundy. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets now on sale email email@example.com. For more details www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
6) Bring in New Year’s Eve like James Bond, or your favorite spy, villain or sultry vixen with a contemporary mix of Ballroom, Swing & Latin. 8pm to 1am, Dec 31, 2015 at the Native Sons Hall, Courtenay. Early bird pricing of $40.00 until Dec 1st, afterwards $45.00. Use this link to buy your tickets or call Cathy 703-3057 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j3wuncVESTo3WBMhaPXvo1qEKlhdn5xNijSWggMMQIQ/viewform For more accommodation and other information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7) New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance at Da Vinci Centre, Thursday, December 31st to the music of MC2. Dinner at 7pm, Dancing from 9pm to 1am. $80pp - call 250-383-8041.
8) New Yea's Eve Dinner & dance featuring the Classic Country & Rock Band the City Slickers and D J Danny Correia to play at intermission and a Premium buffet by Casa Nova Catering. Champagne and party favours included. Tickets are $60 each - Contact Connie Pereira for tickets at 250-479-3195 or email@example.com
The Navy Chief noticed a new seaman and barked at him, "Get over here! What's your name sailor?"
"John," the new seaman replied.
"Look, I don't know what kind of bleeding heart crap they're teaching sailors in boot camp nowdays, but I don't call anyone by his first name," the chief scowled.
"It breeds familiarity, and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my sailors by their last names only; Smith, Jones, Baker, whatever. And you are to refer to me as 'Chief’.
Do I make myself clear?"
"Aye, Aye Chief!"
"Now that we've got that straight, what's your last name?"
The seaman sighed. "Darling, My name is John Darling, Chief."
"Okay, John, here's what I want you to do...."