Dances & Funnies: Nov 11-15
Music begins to atrophy when it departs too far from the dance. - Ezra Pound
Swing City returns this Friday with a new format and admission is now $10pp. The second and fourth Fridays of each month will be mostly Swing music (East Coast, West Coast, Night Club and Hustle) with the occasional Latin tune. The workshop this week is East Coast Swing (Jive) at 8pm with a Social Swing dance following at 9pm - we look forward to seeing you there. The format on the first, third and fifth Fridays will be as we have had for the last few years.
New Classes for November and December are listed below and are now open for registration.
Wrong phone number for the free mirror last week: Free 6’ x 3’ Mirror for your home dance studio - call Barb at 250-592-8077.
New Year’s Dance tickets are now on sale (some dances are almost sold out) see list below.
After several requests here are a few pics from the Swing City Halloween Birthday Bash last weekend:
Best couple costume - Pirate Ken and Parrot Val
Caitlin in Wonderland with Carla the Mad Hatter, John the Jester and Kelsey the Happy Vampire... Caitlin wonders if she is in the right family.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, November 11 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, November 13 ------------------------------
Event: Swing City 8pm-midnight Workshop: East Coast Swing with John at 8pm Place: Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. Dance Floor: Large, Hardwood. Admission: $10pp.
Event: Not Your Usual Ballroom (non-traditional partnering) 7-9pm Place: St. George's Anglican Church Hall, 3909 St. George’s Lane, Dance Floor: Medium/Wood Admission: By donation email@example.com
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, November 14 ----------------------------
Event: Lions Fundraising Dance 8:30pm-12:30am
Bands: Younger than Yesterday and Rock of Ages
Place: Royal Canadian Legion, 761 Station Rd, Langford. Dance Floor: Large/wood. Admission: $17 in Advance or $22 at the door - See Advance Tickets
Event: Nothin' But Swing Dance, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Jutland Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Workshop & Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
Sunday, November 15 ------------------------------
Event: PMP dance with Virtual Elvis: 7–10pm Place: Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Ave Dance Floor: Large, Linoleum. Admission: $10
1) Fundraising Dance for Lions Local Charity & Community Projects - The Decades of Rock Show with YOUNGER THAN YESTERDAY/FREE RIDE/ROCK OF AGES playing Beatles and 60’S, 70’s & 80’S dance music. Saturday, November 14th from 8:30pm-12:30am at the Royal Canadian Legion, 761 Station Rd, in Langford. Advance Tickets are $17 .....or $22 at the door Tickets available on line at the West Shore Lions website Langford Legion, 761 Station Ave..ph250-478-8365 Long and McQuade, 756 Hillside Avenue, Victoria ph250-384-3622.
2) NBDS Christmas Dinner Dance Saturday, December 5th. 5 pm Cocktails, 6 pm dinner, 7:30 pm dance at Bowen Park Complex, 500 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo Ticket Sales contact: Sara firstname.lastname@example.org ph#1-250-468-2095. Members $40., non-members $45. Dinner/dance tickets must be paid in Advance.
3) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, December 31st at the Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
4) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place on Thursday, December 31st. Tickets available soon.
5) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, December 31st at Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose 9.00pm-1.00am non-stop party dance music with DJ Andy Mundy. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets now on sale email email@example.com. For more details www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
6) Bring in New Year’s Eve like James Bond, or your favorite spy, villain or sultry vixen with a contemporary mix of Ballroom, Swing & Latin. 8pm to 1am, Dec 31, 2015 at the Native Sons Hall, Courtenay. Early bird pricing of $40.00 until Dec 1st, afterwards $45.00. Use this link to buy your tickets or call Cathy 703-3057 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j3wuncVESTo3WBMhaPXvo1qEKlhdn5xNijSWggMMQI Q/viewform For more accommodation and other information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two students were arguing when their teacher entered the classroom. The teacher says: "Why are you arguing?” One boy answers: "We found a ten dollar bill and decided to give it to whoever tells the biggest lie.” "You should be ashamed of yourselves," said the teacher, "When I was your age I didn't even know what a lie was.” The boys gave the ten dollars to the teacher.
Adam and Eve have belly buttons in every picture of them… Think about it…
A wedding is the moment of troth.
People who roll up their sleeves seldom lose their shirts.
The wheel was man's greatest invention until he got behind it
Three squares a day can run into round figures.
May the machines of war rust in peace.
What you don't know can't hurt you, but it sure can make you look stupid.
Nothing ruins a political discussion like having someone you hate agree with you.
Everything today disappears into thick air.
Most of us spend too much time running from things that aren't even chasing us.
Man is as young as he feels...seldom as important.