Dances & Funnies: Nov 17-21
There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. - Vicki Baum
The workshop at Swing City this Friday is Cha Cha with a fun social dance following - we look forward to seeing you there.
Tickets are now on sale for the Club Revue Christmas Social Ballroom Dance on Saturday, November 28th at Cadboro Bay United Church. This will be our last Saturday dance of 2015 – you can reserve your tickets with me at 250-920-7556 or at email@example.com.
New Classes for November and December are listed below and are now open for registration. No partner required for the Latin Technique class.
New Year’s Dance tickets are now on sale (some dances are almost sold out) see list below.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, November 17 -----------------------------
Event: West Coast Swing Collective: 7:45 to 9:45pp Place: Eastern Star Hall; 3281 Harriet Road Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood Admission: $4
Wednesday, November 18 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, November 20 -------------------------------
Event: Swing City 8pm-midnight Workshop: Cha Cha with John at 8pm Place: Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. Dance Floor: Large, Hardwood. Admission: $10pp.
Event: Not Your Usual Ballroom Dance (non-traditional partnering) 7-9pm Place: St. George's Anglican Church Hall, 3909 St. George’s Lane Dance Floor: Medium/Wood Admission: By donation email@example.com
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, November 21 ----------------------
Event: Social Ballroom Dance: 7:30-10:30pm Place: Commonwealth Place Gym, 4636 Elk Lake Drive Dance Floor: Large, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$12
Event: Nothin' But Swing, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
1) Club Revue Christmas Social - Saturday, November 28th 8-10:30pm at Cadboro Bay United Church, 2625 Arbutus Road. Advance tickets are $10 each from John at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $12 at the door.
2) NBDS Christmas Dinner Dance Saturday, December 5th. 5 pm Cocktails, 6 pm dinner, 7:30 pm dance at Bowen Park Complex, 500 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo Ticket Sales contact: Sara email@example.com ph#1-250-468-2095. Members $40., non-members $45. Dinner/dance tickets must be paid in Advance.
3) Island Singles II Christmas Dance, Saturday, December 12th, 9pm-1am with music by Paulasonic (DJ). $15pp - call 250-383-8041.
4) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, December 31st at the Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
5) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place on Thursday, December 31st. Tickets available soon.
6) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, December 31st at Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose 9.00pm-1.00am non-stop party dance music with DJ Andy Mundy. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets now on sale email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
7) Bring in New Year’s Eve like James Bond, or your favorite spy, villain or sultry vixen with a contemporary mix of Ballroom, Swing & Latin. 8pm to 1am, Dec 31, 2015 at the Native Sons Hall, Courtenay. Early bird pricing of $40.00 until Dec 1st, afterwards $45.00. Use this link to buy your tickets or call Cathy 703-3057 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j3wuncVESTo3WBMhaPXvo1qEKlhdn5xNijSWggMMQIQ/viewform For more accommodation and other information email: email@example.com
8) New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance at Da Vinci Centre, Thursday, December 31st to the music of MC2. Dinner at 7pm, Dancing from 9pm to 1am. $80pp - call 250-383-8041.
9) New Yea's Eve Dinner & dance featuring the Classic Country & Rock Band the City Slickers and D J Danny Correia to play at intermission and a premium buffet by Casa Nova Catering. Champagne and party favours included. Tickets are $60 each - Contact Connie Pereira for tickets at 250-479-3195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Smuggling French perfume is a fragrant violation of the law.
Double your pleasure, double your fun...Photocopy your pay check.
ULTIMATE GIFT: an air-conditioned sauna.
How can you keep your chin up, and your nose to the grind stone at the same time?
QUIT SMOKING...take your air pollution straight!
How far you go in life depends on how much gas the kids left in the car.
The trouble with housework is, it's never noticed until it's not done.
One man in a thousand is a leader of men. The other 999 are following Women.
Matrimony is the splice of life.
Evil is LIVE backwards.
A psychologist tells you what you already know, in words that you don’t.
Luck is always against the man who depends on it.
The grass next door may be greener, but it's just as hard to cut.
Dieters have to NO themselves.
Forbidden fruits are the cause of many bad jams.