Dances & Funnies: Nov 25-29
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese Proverb
Swing City is cancelled for the next few weeks for Christmas parties at the Edelweiss Club. We will be back on December 11th and 18th.
The Club Revue Christmas Social Ballroom Dance is this Saturday, November 28th at Cadboro Bay United Church. This will be our last Saturday dance of 2015 – you can reserve your tickets with me at 250-920-7556 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Classes for November and December are listed in the lessons section of this site and are now open for registration. No partner required for the Latin Technique class.
Christmas and New Year’s Dance tickets are now on sale and selling fast - see list below.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at email@example.com.
Wednesday, November 25 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, November 27 ------------------------------
Event: Swing City Cancelled this evening
Event: Not Your Usual Ballroom (non-traditional partnering) 7-9pm Place: St. George's Anglican Church Hall, 3909 St. George’s Lane, Dance Floor: Medium/Wood Admission: By donation firstname.lastname@example.org
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, November 28 ----------------------------
Event: Club Revue Christmas Ballroom Dance: 8-10:30pm Place: Cadboro Bay United Church, 2625 Arbutus Road Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $10 in Advance/$12 at the door
Event: VBDS class demonstrations 7-11pm Place: Saanich Commonwealth Place Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $5
Event: Nothin' But Swing Dance, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Jutland Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Workshop & Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
Sunday, November 29 ------------------------------
Event: PMP dance with Kingmixers: 7–10pm Place: Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Ave Dance Floor: Large, Linoleum. Admission: $10
1) Club Revue Christmas Ballroom Dance hosted by John and Carla at Cadboro Bay United Church, 2625 Arbutus Road. $10 in advance from John at email@example.com or $12 at the door.
2) NBDS Christmas Dinner Dance Saturday, December 5th. 5 pm Cocktails, 6 pm dinner, 7:30 pm dance at Bowen Park Complex, 500 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo Ticket Sales contact: Sara firstname.lastname@example.org ph#1-250-468-2095. Members $40., non-members $45. Dinner/dance tickets must be paid in Advance.
3) New Imperial Social Club Christmas dinner dance on Sturday, December 12 with Dinner at 6:30pm followed by dancing to MC2 at 8:00pm. Cost is $45 members / $50 non-members. Advance tickets only, contact Bea at (250) 598-2183 by December 3. Location: Chief and Petty Officers’ Mess, 1575 Lyall St, Esquimalt. Info: www.newimperialsocialclub.ca
4) Island Singles II Christmas Dance, Saturday, December 12th at Da Vinci Centre, 9pm-1am with music by Paulasonic (DJ). $15pp - call 250-383-8041.
5) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band on Thursday, December 31st at the Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. $95/person. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
6) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place on Thursday, December 31st. Tickets available soon.
7) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ballroom Dance Celebration, December 31st at Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose 9.00pm-1.00am non-stop party dance music with DJ Andy Mundy. Complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets now on sale email email@example.com. For more details www.ballroomnanaimo.ca
8) Bring in New Year’s Eve like James Bond, or your favorite spy, villain or sultry vixen with a contemporary mix of Ballroom, Swing & Latin. 8pm to 1am, Dec 31, 2015 at the Native Sons Hall, Courtenay. Early bird pricing of $40.00 until Dec 1st, afterwards $45.00. Use this link to buy your tickets or call Cathy 703-3057 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1j3wuncVESTo3WBMhaPXvo1qEKlhdn5xNijSWggMMQIQ/viewform. For more accommodation and other information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9) New Year’s Eve Dinner & Dance at Da Vinci Centre, Thursday, December 31st to the music of MC2. Dinner at 7pm, Dancing from 9pm to 1am. $80pp - call 250-383-8041.
10) New Yea's Eve Dinner & dance featuring the Classic Country & Rock Band the City Slickers and D J Danny Correia to play at intermission and a premium buffet by Casa Nova Catering. Champagne and party favours included. Tickets are $60 each - Contact Connie Pereira for tickets at 250-479-3195 or email@example.com
The following questions were set in a recent GED examination. These are genuine answers (from 18 year olds)
Q. Name the four seasons A.. Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar
Q. How is dew formed A.. The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire
Q. What guarantees may a mortgage company insist on A.. If you are buying a house they will insist that you are well endowed
Q. What are steroids A. Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs
Q... What happens to your body as you age A.. When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental
Q. Name a major disease associated with cigarettes A.. Premature death
Q. How can you delay milk turning sour A.. Keep it in the cow (Simple, but brilliant)
Q. How are the main 20 parts of the body categorised (e.g. The abdomen)
A.. The body is consisted into 3 parts - the brainium, the borax and the
abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain, the borax contains the
heart and lungs and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels:
Q. What is the fibula? A.. A small lie
Q. What does 'varicose' mean? A.. Nearby
Q. Give the meaning of the term 'Caesarean section' A.. The caesarean section is a district in Rome
Q. What is a seizure? A.. A Roman Emperor.
Q. What is a terminal illness A. When you are sick at the airport.
Q. What does the word 'benign' mean? A.. Benign is what you will be after you be eight