Dances & Funnies: Nov 29-Dec 3
Dance is a conversation between the body and the soul - Anon
Dance is good for the mind, body and soul - another Ted Talk explains some of the reasons why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihCh5wzNjYY
New classes for late November/early December (a fun 3 week mini-series) start this coming week - see below for details. January are also listed below and are now open for registration.
Swing City is taking a break (the Edelweiss Club is booked for other events): Our next dance will be on December 16th.
SINGLES: I have started a list for those dancers who do not have regular dance partners (a singles list). I plan to use this to help keep the classes balanced, advertise events of interest to singles and couples and set up classes and events for singles. Please note: Information on the sign up sheet is for my eyes only and will not be shared - you do not need to fill in all sections of the sign up form. If you would like to be on this list you can sign up for it at: http://eepurl.com/cfOn-n
Check out Advance Tickets below.
The Early Bird special on Advance Tickets for the VBDS New Year's Dance with the Commodores Big Band are only available until November 30th. Please let me know soon if you wish to join one of my tables for the event.
Dances for the next week:
Tuesday, November 29 -----------
Event: West Coast Swing Collective: 7:45 to 9:45pm
Place: Eastern Star Hall; 3281 Harriet Road
Dance Floor: Medium/Hardwood
Wednesday, November 30 -----------
Event: Seniors (55+) Line Dance 1-2 pm, Social dance 2-3 pm
Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way.
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Friday, December 2 ----------
Event: Swing City Cancelled this week
Event: Salsa Caliente Red & White Anniversary Ball: 8:30pm-12:30am
Place: White Eagle Hall, 90 Dock St
Dance Floor: Medium/Large/Hardwood
Admission: $15 Advance/$18 at the door
Event: Latin Dance with Latin Project: 9pm-midnight
Place: Ukrainian Cultural Centre, 3277 Douglas
Dance Floor: Small/Medium/Hardwood
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am
Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra
Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood.
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am)
Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood
Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, December 3 ----------
Event: Latin Dance, (8:30pm-1am)
Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street
Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood.
Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
1) NBDS Christmas Gala Dinner & Dance - Saturday December 17th from 5 pm until midnight on the BIG dance floor at Beban Park, Nanaimo. 5pm – 6pm Cocktail hour; 6pm Dinner; 7:30pm Dancing - your DJ is John Maher. Details are posted at http://www.ballroomnanaimo.ca Tickets are on sale now - email email@example.com - $50, $45 for NBDS and VBDS members.
2) VBDS New Year's Eve Ball featuring the Commodores Big Band - Saturday, December 31st at Commonwealth Place. Includes late evening snacks. Early bird tickets are $65 each and are now available. I have tables set aside - let me know soon if you wish to be at one of them at the early bird rate - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets for my tables are almost sold out - please contact me soon if you want tickets.
3) NBDS New Year’s Eve Ball - Saturday, December 31st, at Nanoose Place Community Centre 2925 Northwest Bay Rd, Nanoose BC 9pm–1am Annual New Year’s Eve Party Dance with DJ Andy Mundy. Licensed bar. Pot luck finger foods and/or appetizers – please bring some festive edibles to share. Admission: $20 – includes complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Tickets MUST be either purchased or reserved in advance. For tickets email Sara at email@example.com
4) Red Ginger New Year's Eve Dinner & Dance Party - Saturday, December 31st, 7pm - 12:30am (doors open at 6:30 pm) at the Les Passmore Centre, 286 Hampton Road. Includes a fantastic hot buffet dinner with a wide variety of choices, door prizes, party favors and bubblies at midnight! Music by DJ Roman Yue. Advance tickets are $60 per person. Please contact Linda Ng at 250-727-5838 or Betty Choy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) New Year's Eve Dinner/Dance at the Edelweiss Club with the SBahn Band: Buffet Dinner by Connoissseur Catering - 7pm-1am. $170/couple members, $190/couple guests. Tickets – Victoria.email@example.com or call 250 383-4823.
Boldly going forward because we cannot find reverse.
Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it.
Build something foolproof and every fool will use it.
Bureaucracy: a method for transforming energy into solid waste.
By the time you have the right answers, no one is asking you questions.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to work twelve hours a day. - Robert Frost
Capitalism is based on the assumption that you can win.
Chipped dishes never break.
Clearly stated instructions will consistently produce multiple interpretations.