Dances & Funnies: Oct 28-Nov 1
Dancing is silent poetry. - Simonides
We are having a Halloween Birthday Bash at Swing City on Friday with costume prizes and birthday cake - all tickets are $5. There will be a West Coast Swing Workshop at 8pm with a social dance following from 9 to 11pm. Costumes not required - come for the fun of dance.
We had fun, good music and a good crowd at the dance last night - but someone had so much fun that you left one shoe behind - let me know if you still need it...
The Intermediate Waltz & Foxtrot class commences this Friday - see info below.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, October 28 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, October 30 ------------------------------
Event: Swing City Halloween Birthday Bash 8pm-midnight Workshop: West Coast Swing with John at 8pm Place: Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. Dance Floor: Large, Hardwood. Admission: Special Price of $5 tonight only.
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, October 31 ----------------------------
Event: VBDS/U.Vic Dance Club Halloween Dance Saturday, 8–11 p.m, Place: Les Passmore Centre, 286 Hampton Rd. Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $10 in advance, $15 at the door
Event: Nothin' But Swing Dance, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Jutland Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Workshop & Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
Sunday, November 1 ------------------------------
Event: PMP Oktoberfest dance with MC2: 7–10pm Place: Monterey Centre, 1442 Monterey Ave Dance Floor: Large, Linoleum. Admission: $10
1) VBDS Halloween Dance Saturday, October 31, 8:00 – 11:00 p.m, Les Passmore Centre, 286 Hampton Rd. Great Prizes! Halloween snacks & drinks will be provided. Costumes are encouraged. Co-hosted by UVBDC & VBDS. Tickets: $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Tables will be reserved for solo ladies and gents and UVic students. To purchase tickets in advance and reserve your seats, please contact lpringle @shaw.ca
2) Fundraising Dance for Lions Local Charity & Community Projects - The Decades of Rock Show with YOUNGER THAN YESTERDAY/FREE RIDE/ROCK OF AGES playing Beatles and 60’S, 70’s & 80’S dance music. Saturday, November 14th from 8:30pm-12:30am at the Royal Canadian Legion, 761 Station Rd, in Langford. Advance Tickets are $17 .....or $22 at the door. Tickets available on line at the West Shore Lions website. Langford Legion, 761 Station Ave..ph250-478-8365. Long and McQuade, 756 Hillside Avenue, Victoria ph250-384-3622.
3) NBDS Christmas Dinner Dance Saturday, December 5th. 5 pm Cocktails, 6 pm dinner, 7:30 pm dance at Bowen Park Complex, 500 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo Ticket Sales contact: Sara email@example.com ph#1-250-468-2095. Members $40., non-members $45. Dinner/dance tickets must be paid in Advance.
4) Edelweiss Club New Year’s Eve Big Band Bash featuring the Commodores Big Band. Tickets available at 250-383-4823.
5) VBDS New Year’s Eve Dance with Chris Millington Band at Commonwealth Place. Tickets available soon.
Not your average answers to questions on high school exams:
Q1.. In which battle did Napoleon die? * his last battle
Q2.. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed? * at the bottom of the page
Q3.. River Ravi flows in which state? * liquid
Q4.. What is the main reason for divorce? * marriage
Q5.. What is the main reason for failure? * exams
Q6.. What can you never eat for breakfast? * Lunch & dinner
Q7.. What looks like half an apple? * The other half
Q8.. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become? * Wet
Q9.. How can a man go eight days without sleeping? * No problem, he sleeps at night.
Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand? * You will never find an elephant that has one hand.
Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have? * Very large hands