Dances & Funnies, Sept 16-19
When the music changes, so does the dance. - African proverb ...Another good reason to learn several different styles of dance.
I will teach Cha Cha in the workshop at 8pm on Friday at Swing City - more info below.
Jim Minty is coming to Victoria to teach some West Coast Swing workshops on Saturday, September 19th. You can drop in for one or more workshops or get a full event ticket. An evening workshop and social dance starts at 7pm. Advance tickets are available now - see information below.
Advance Tickets for the Diamond Revue Ballroom Dance on September 26th are also available now - see information below for this and several other advance ticket events.
If you would like information on my 30th Anniversary dance cruises to Europe or the Caribbean please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, September 16 ---------------------------
Event: Seniors (55+) Social Dance; 2-3pm Place: Gordon Head Rec Center, 4100 Lambrick Way. Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: FREE
Friday, September 18 ------------------------------
Event: Swing City 8pm-midnight Workshop: Cha Cha with John at 8pm Place: Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara. Dance Floor: Large, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$12
Event: Silver Slipper practice Dance & workshop 7:30-11pm Place: Nanoose Place Community Centre, Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose Dance: Floor: Large, Hardwood. Admission: $6/$8
Event: Red Hot Swing, 8:30pm - 12:30am Place: Dance Victoria on Quadra Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $10/$13
Event: Argentine Tango (8pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca, 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Small/Medium, wood Admission: $10 workshop & dance plus $2 consumption charge
Saturday, September 19 ----------------------------
Event: West Coast Swing Workshops with Jim Minty 1-5pm Place: Cadboro Bay United Church Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: Various prices - see Advance tickets
Event: Swing/Ballroom/Latin Social Dance 8-11pm Workshop: Jim Minty will teach West Coast Swing from 7-8pm Place: Cadboro Bay United Church Dance Floor: Large/Hardwood Admission: $15
Event: Nothin' But Swing Dance, 8:30pm-12:30am Place: Burnside Gorge Community Centre, 3130 Jutland Road Dance Floor: Medium, Hardwood. Admission: $5/$7/8
Event: Latin Workshop & Dance, (8:30pm-1am) Place: Café Casablanca 2524 Bridge Street Dance Floor: Medium/Small, Hardwood. Admission: $10 plus $2 consumption charge
1) West Coast Swing workshops with Jim Minty (Chief Judge at several top west coast swing competitions) - Saturday, September 19th, Cadboro Bay United Church, 2625 Arbutus Road - 1-5pm. Advance tickets available from John at 250-920-7556 or email@example.com. Tickets are $15 for one workshop, $25 for two workshops, $35 for three workshops or $40 for an all day pass including the evening workshop and dance. Tickets for the evening workshop and dance are $15 each. More info on workshops is available at http://dancevictoria.typed.com/
2) Diamond Revue Ballroom Dance - in memory of Victoria’s first Ballroom Dance Instructor Elsie Diamond 1918-2015 - Saturday, September 26th, Cadboro Bay United Church, 2625 Arbutus Road - 8-10:30pm. Advance tickets available from John at 250-920-7556 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door.
3) Dancing for Doctors - A dance in support of The Lake Clinic, in the Tonle Sap region of Cambodia and K.I.D.S. International Development Society. Saturday September 26, 2015 at 7pm at the Royal Colwood Golf Club, 629 Goldstream Ave , Victoria, BC. Tickets are $35 each and includes a beverage & light refreshments, and an entry for the door prize draw. Tables of 10 are available. For tickets and more information please contact email@example.com or Suzanne longpre: 250-216-9028
4) NBDS 34th Anniversary dinner and dance: Saturday, October 3rd Bowen Park Rec. Centre, Bowen Road, Nanaimo. 6pm-7pm Cocktail hour, 7pm-8.30pm Catered dinner by Coastal Culinary Creations, 8.30pm until late - social dance with DJ John Maher. Tickets now on sale by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Dinner & Dance – members $35; Non members $40; Dance Only – members $10, Non members $15
5) Fundraising Dance for Lions Local Charity & Community Projects - The Decades of Rock Show with YOUNGER THAN YESTERDAY/FREE RIDE/ROCK OF AGES playing Beatles and 60’S, 70’s & 80’S dance music. Saturday, November 14th from 8:30pm-12:30am at the Royal Canadian Legion, 761 Station Rd, in Langford. Advance Tickets are $17 .....or $22 at the door Tickets available on line at the West Shore Lions website Langford Legion, 761 Station Ave..ph250-478-8365 Long and McQuade, 756 Hillside Avenue, Victoria ph250-384-3622.
More well-aged humour:
When I get old, I’m going to move in with my kids, hog the computer, pay no bills, eat all the food, trash the house, and when asked to clean, pitch a fit like it’s killing me!
I’ve reached an age where my train of thought often leaves the station without me.
Why Retirees are so happy: “Yippee. I woke up.”
We’re all mature until someone pulls out the bubble wrap.
Old age is having a choice of two temptations and choosing the one that will get you home earlier.
A man has reached old age when he is cautioned to slow down by his Doctor instead of by the police.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.
Old age is when you have stopped growing at both ends, and have begun to grow in the middle.
By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.
Old age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.